PK and K make up our youngest camp groups. The PK group is for those campers who are 3 ½ years old by June 1, 2019 and have not yet attended Kindergarten. The K group is for campers who have just completed Kindergarten.
- PK & K campers will stay with their assigned group and counselors the entire day. They participate in all camp wide activities, but are always under the supervision of their counselors
- PK & K campers do not participate in free time.
- PK & K campers are in separate groups. Occasionally, they are together for a special event.
- PK & K campers store their belongings in separate bins at the front desk.
- PK & K campers have story time every day, as well as a rest period in the afternoon. There is no mandatory nap time, but they do have a quiet period during which they watch a movie, color or draw, and play board ga
- PK & K campers have the option of skating Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We have skate mates to assist the campers that cannot skate. They skate in a small area on the wood surf
- PK & K groups have extra staff during lunch and snack to assist
- PK & K campers are always escorted to the bathroom by a staff mem Our staff will remain at the bathroom area with them.
- In order to attend camp, your child MUST BE COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED; however, in the event of an “occasional” accident, we will assist them in cleaning up and changing their cloth ALL PK & K campers are required to have a change of clothes in their camp bag every day. Those who do not have a change of clothes in their bag will be taken to our triage and they will remain there until you bring fresh clothing.
- Please put your child’s name on EVERYTHING!
We realize the importance of creating a connected and caring camp community that makes a difference in the lives of our young campers. This is the reason we have designed a program for our PK and K campers. The program focuses on each camper’s integrated experiences. Each camp week is assigned an overall theme and each day we have planned fun and interesting topics to support that week’s theme. Every day during that week, campers will spend time learning about the weekly theme. It is our hope that your children will become immersed in our weekly themes and daily topics through the use of movies, stories and discussions, art projects, dancing, and playing.
5 Things We Did Today!
At check out each day all PK/K campers will receive a print out of “5 Things We Did Today”!! This is a brief summary of what your PK/K camper did at camp each day so you can talk to your child about their day and the activities that they participated in.