Page # 11551
Captains: please read the rules below and communicate them to your teammates. Everyone is responsible for knowing these rules. You are required to call your own nets and touches if it is not spotted by the ref – sportsmanship is a must!
- Need a minimum of 2 females ON THE FLOOR to start a match. A womens BB team has 2 or less A players on the court.
- No rotation is required, except for serve.
- Rally scoring 4 sets. 1st and 2nd sets to 25 cap 27 3rd set must start by the 40th min and 4th set by the 55 min for 25 if starting after those time frames sets are to 15 cap 17
- $15 cash ref fee goes directly to the ref BEFORE the start of each match, $120 total ref fees during the season. ISC will cover ref fees for the playoffs. If you forfeit a match you pay the ref $30 cash, which is the ref fee for both teams for the missed match. This is due the next time you play.
- No open-handed tipping/pushing is allowed with the exception of a joust. Directional blocking with BOTH hands is allowed.
- Open hand reception and let serves are legal.
- You may open hand set the ball over the net if your shoulders AND FEET are square to where you are setting (you cannot square your body as you are setting). Back setting over the net is legal, again, as long as you are square to where you are setting.
- All net contact is ILLEGAL.
- There is no centerline violation as long as the entering player does not interfere with the play or the opponent.
- You must play in 3 regular season matches to qualify for playoffs. In the case of an injury and no qualified sub the refs and I must approve an equal or lessor ability sub prior to the start of playoffs
- You may grab a sub from another team in your league but if you don’t have 4 players qualified for playoffs you will play short handed.
There are 12 total A teams in the Fall Womens 4s A league divided into 2 pools (East and West) made up of 6s teams each. You will play everyone in your pool (5 matches) worth 2pts per set and you will play 3 cross over matches worth 1pt per set. Top 4 point totals in each pool will advance to playoffs.